Overview: Acts is an easy book to read. There are a lot of stories and action as the early church begins. Acts also has a number of miracles. These were a great encouragement for the early believers as they were “going against the grain” of their Jewish religious leaders. The miracles also served to reinforce the fact that God Himself was the power behind their zeal for the gospel message.
Chapters 6 and 7 tell the interesting story of Stephen. In chapters 8 and 9, we have the first mention of Saul, who later became known as the great apostle, Paul. Chapter 9 tells how Saul becomes a Christian.
Day 1 – Acts 5
1. Why did Ananias and Sapphira die according to v. 1-11?
2. Why were the apostles arrested?
3. What was Peter’s main defence for the charges against them?
Day 2 – Acts 6
1. Why did they set apart these seven men in v. 1-7?
2. Who wanted to silence Stephen’s message and why?
Day 3 – Acts 7
1. What was Stephen’s message about?
2. What was this sections of Stephen’s sermon about? (v. 9-16)
3. What did Stephen accuse his audience of doing?
Day 4 – Acts 8
1. Who was Saul?
2. Who was Philip?
3. What happened with Philip and the Eunuch?
Day 5 – Acts 9
1. What happened to Saul?
2. Why did Saul have to move from Jerusalem?
3. What two people were healed and who healed them?